Entrust Datacard strives to provide the best products for global markets, which is why periodic driver and firmware updates are made available for your Datacard card printers, to ensure 100% uptime and performance.
Some Datacard card printer firmware issues that were encountered in recent years include the following:
- AutoPPS Issue with Contactless Chip Cards
- Contact Smart Card not Present Error
- Duali Default Share Mode
- CD800-CLM and SD460 Laminators Sometimes Report 223 Model Mismatch Error
- CD800-CLM and SD460 Laminators Sometimes Report a 196 Critical Error
- Thick Cards Sometimes Stall in Printer or Laminator
- Printer Bar Code Scanner Park Displays Error 100 after Update to D3.17.4-6
- YMCX-K Ribbon Images Wander onto Preceding Panel when X Panel Unused
Systems impacted by these issues include:
- D3.17 printers performing personalization of contacted smart cards using the single-wire Duali interface
- CD800-CLM and SD460 laminating printers running D3.17.x firmware
- CD800-CLM and SD460 laminating printers
- SD460’s built with Minebea motors. Other D3 based SD printers built with Minebea motors might also be impacted. CD printers are not impacted
- CD800 w/printer bar code scanners
- Printers using YMCX-K ribbon and not printing on the X panel
To fix these past issues, use the firmware update utility to update your printer or embosser firmware.
Download and run Datacard_Card_Printer_Firmware_D188.8.131.5207.exe to update your datacard card printer firmware.
For any further information or assistance with your Datacard card printers or embossers, please Contact Us.
© 2017 Datacard Corporation. All rights reserved.