SD460™ and CD800™ Card Printer with Inline Lamination Module
The new Datacard® CD800™ card printer with inline lamination module and SD460™ card printer empowers organizations to print, encode and laminate cards in one pass, giving you the power to protect your people, programs and budget, with unique new technologies such as serialized laminates, and a patent-pending tactile impression feature.
Desktop Supplies available for these models include:
• Generic holographic laminates
• Custom holographic laminates
• Clear laminates
• Cleaning supplies
SR300 Retransfer Card Printer Enhancements
We recently announced enhancements to the Datacard® SR300 retransfer card printer. The improved SR Series printers now include new smart card encoding modules supporting various card types. This provides a more comprehensive encoding solution, while continuing to deliver superb full-color, over-the-edge retransfer print capabilities for a wide range of applications.
New Identive Smart Card Encoders for SD Series and CD800 Card Printers
Effective February 2014, all SD series and CD800 printers and upgrade kits will be manufactured with new Identive smart card encoders. The new Identive Cloud 4000 F DTC is a replacement for the SCM SCR331D1. Applications that are currently running the SCM SCR331D1 should be able to run the new Identive Cloud 4000 F DTC with minimal updates. This change affects the Datacard SD260L™, SD360™, SD460 and CD800 card printers and the CD820™ instant issuance system.
New Printer Driver Offers New Features
Datacard Group has recently announced a new printer driver, Datacard® XPS Card Printer Driver v5.0 for Microsoft® Windows OS.
The new v5.0 printer driver has a variety of new features including:
• Support for new printers: SD460 printer and CD800 printer with inline lamination module
• Support for Windows 8.1 and Server 2012 R2
• New ribbon support, including non-topcoat YMCK/YMCK-K, MT-KT, YMCKF-KT
• Ability to print black image pixels using K panel
• Updated SDK samples to support multiple cards in printer and additional smart card personalization
• Updated Datacard® ID Software XPS Card Printer plug-in to support lamination and UV printing
NOTE: Updated plug-in requires v6.5 of the Datacard ID software.
The new Datacard® XPS Card Printer Driver v5.0 for Microsoft® Windows is now available for the following Datacard® systems and printers:
• SD260™ card printer
• SD360™ card printer
• SD460™ card printer
• CD800™ card printer
• CD800™ card printer with inline lamination module
• CD820™ instant issuance system
• CE870™ instant issuance system
• CE840™ instant issuance system