Migration Path for OMNIKEY® 5421 Dual Interface Desktop Reader
HID Global is pleased to announce the OMNIKEY 5421 dual interface reader will migrate to a new hardware platform.
The successor model is OMNIKEY 5422.
This letter provides information on the affected part, EOL timelines and replacement product availability.
• Begin Last-Time-Buy (LTB) period – July 31st, 2017
• Last Time Buy – November 30th, 2017*
• Final scheduled ship date – December 31st, 2017
|ItemNr||Description||Replacement SKU||Type of Replacment|
OMNIKEY 5421 Dual Interface Reader
* While supplies last. Stock is limited and subject to availability; accordingly, RMAs with replacement units is also limited.
Product difference of OMNIKEY 5422 replacement
• Support of CCID native driver – no HID proprietary driver required for basic functions
• Up to 600kbps Contact Smart Card Interface Speed
• Support of synchronous cards via Pseudo APDU – No Synchronous API required
• New hardware identification PID (0x5422)
• General ISO 15693 read/write will be only supported by proprietary driver – not available at market launch
For more information, please contact HID Global or visit
For HID Global product lifecycle information, please visit
Thank you for your continued business and interest in HID Global products and solutions.