The Software Development Kit provides codes samples and documentation to software developers for developing Microsoft Windows applications that work with Datacard® SD, CD, CE and CR series card printers and the version 7.3 XPS card printer driver. Samples are provided as source code and compiled binaries for Visual C++, Visual C#, Visual Basic, and java. Developers who need application control of printing preferences, application control of card movement, or require data from the card must use the SDK.
What’s in the SDK
This Software Developers Kit (SDK) consists of a Programmer’s Reference Guide and sample code.
The Programmer’s Reference Guide describes the functions supported by the driver Application Programming Interface (API), the rules for using the API, and the information exchanged across the API.
The Programmer’s Reference Guide is located in the doc folder.
The sample code is designed to show you the details necessary to implement the API in your application.
The sample code is located in the samples folder. Samples are provided in each of the following languages: Microsoft Visual C++, Visual C#, Visual Basic; and Java. The samples demonstrate the following functions:
- Encode and read a magnetic stripe
- Park a card to allow a pre-serialized bar code to be read, and continue the job*
- Park a smart card and continue the job
- Personalize a smart card using a single-wire reader
- Obtain printer and job status
- Cancel all jobs in the printer*
- Emboss, indent, and top a card, and disable topping foil application
- Laser engrave data on a card*
- Lock and unlock a printer with locks*
- Activate or deactivate the printer using a password*
- Change the printer state*
- Laminate a card using Print Ticket for job level control*
- Read and verify the bar code on a serialized laminate overlay*
- Read and write data to a MIFARE Classic smart card chip using a single-wire reader*
SDK New Features
- Added support for the Entrust Datacard CL900 Desktop Laser Personalization System:
- Laser engraving on ISO ID-1 cards.
- Laser options display on the Driver Printer Properties > Printer Status tab.
- A laser sample card can be printed from the Driver Printer Status tab.
- Added support to place pre-serialized cards in a bar code reader so they can be read.
- Added support to activate or deactivate a printer from an application.
- Added support to change the printer state to online, offline, or suspended.
- Added support to adjust color settings in SD260L, SD360, SD460, CD800, and CE840 Card Printers. The printers must have firmware version D3.17.4 or newer installed.
This SDK release supports Versions 7.2 and 7.3 of the XPS Card Printer Driver for Microsoft Windows.
- Datacard® SD Series: SD160™, SD260™, SD260L™, SD360™, SD460™ Card Printers
- Datacard® CD Series: CD800™, CD800 with CLM laminator, CD820™ Card Printers
- Datacard® CE840™ Instant Issuance System
- Entrust Datacard™ CR805™ Retransfer Card Printer
- Entrust Datacard™ CL900™ Desktop Laser Personalization System
- Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit)
- Running the SDK Print sample with a shared printer fails if the fully qualified printer name is greater than 31 characters.
- When the card completion parameter is set in the call to run a sample, the number of copies parameter is ignored. One card is always produced. An application must manage multiple copies outside the driver when card completion is enabled.
©2017 Entrust Datacard Corporation. All rights reserved.
For more information please Contact Us