Introducing OMNIKEY® 5427 CK reader with Bluetooth interface for HID Mobile Access credentials
On July 28, 2017, HID Global® will announce the availability of the new OMNIKEY® 5427 CK reader with Bluetooth interface for HID Mobile Access credentials. The OMNIKEY® 5427CK will now come in two product variants: the existing reader will be upgraded to a new hardware platform to allow future enhancements: the new OMNIKEY® 5427CK BLE variant will have an additional Bluetooth interface to allow customers to use their mobile access credentials to access computer, network or cloud.
HID Global's OMNIKEY® 5427CK Reader suits virtually any PC environment. Independent of the operating system and use case, the reader’s CCID or Keyboard Wedge interface provides the ideal solution for easy integration without the need to install or maintain drivers. With the keyboard wedge functionality, data from the card can be retrieved and transformed for direct input into applications using keystroke emulation. This eliminates the need for organizations to manually enter card data into applications.
The reader includes an integrated, easy-to-use web-based management tool that enables intuitive browser-based configuration without the need for special training.
The OMNIKEY® 5427CK supports low and high frequency technology within a single device that enables seamless credential migration and mixed technology environments. The reader includes support for a wide range of low and high frequency card technologies, including HID Prox®, Indala® and EM Prox®, MIFARE® Classic, MIFARE DESFire® EV1, and iCLASS®, as well as iCLASS SE®, iCLASS® Seos™, iCLASS® Elite, and other SIO-enabled credentials.
The reader is integrated and tested with HID Global’s ActivID® ActivClient and ActivID® Applets.
OMNIKEY 5427CK Benefits:
• Dual frequency – Simultaneously supports low and high frequency credentials, including iCLASS Seos®, HID Prox®, iCLASS SE®, MIFARE Classic® and MIFARE® DESFire® EV1; supports NFC
• Support of mobile access – Available with Bluetooth interface to leverage HID mobile phone credential to access computer, network, data or cloud
• Support of Seos and Part of the iCLASS SE Platform - Provides multi-layered security that extends beyond the card technology, providing additional protection to identity data.
• Ease of use – Straightforward utilization of existing access control credentials for PC login in both CCID and Keyboard Wedge operation
• Keyboard Wedge support – Retrieves data from a card and presents the information directly to any application by emulating keyboard strokes.
The OMNIKEY® 5427CK is available now under the following part numbers. An EOL notification for the predecessor will be released separately.
Part numbers with Bluetooth Interface
• R54270111 OMNIKEY 5427CK with BLE and new hardware
• R54270111-Elite OMNIKEY 5427CK, BLE, new hardware, Elite configuration
• R54270111-Elite-Indala OMNIKEY 5427CK, BLE, new hardware, Elite + Indala configuration
• R54270111-Indala OMNIKEY 5427CK, BLE, new hardware, Indala configuration
Part numbers without Bluetooth Interface
• R54270101 OMNIKEY 5427CK with new hardware
• R54270101-Elite OMNIKEY 5427CK, new hardware, Elite configuration
• R54270101-Elite-Indala OMNIKEY 5427CK, new hardware, Elite + Indala configuration
• R54270101-Indala OMNIKEY 5427CK, new hardware, Indala configuration
Furthermore the following accessories are available for this reader
• A54270001 - Standing Base
• A50210001 – Mounting Accessories Pack
For additional information visit the website at https://www.hidglobal.com/products/readers/omnikey
Thank you for your continued business and interest in HID Global products, solutions and services.